Thursday, 5 January 2017
Psalm 40 3(b)-4 "... Then He set my feet on a rock. He made my steps firm. He put a new song in my mouth - a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and trust in Adonai. May He set your feet upon a Rock and make your footsteps firm."
May we, as a congregation at Brit Hadasha, demonstrate what it is to follow and be united to HaShem to all who see us this year! Happy New Year! Check out these seven ways to resolve how to demonstrate what it's like to be a disciple of Yeshua for 2017! Will you join us?
1. Prayer - Make 2017 your year of prayer. You can join or start a prayer group. It doesn't need to be formal. And, once you get started, you won't be able to stop. B'rit has a prayer group that meets before service on Shabbat. Prayer does powerful things. Try it and see.
2. Meet New People - Make 2017 your year of meeting people. Resolve this year to spend time with people. Not just your family and friends. Go out and find new people to meet with.
3. Blessing People - Make 2017 the year you bless others. Sure, it's easy to bless people who are nice to you. But, what about that guy that cuts you off when your driving? Next time that happens, try asking the L-rd to bless him and see what happens!
4. Bible Study - Make 2017 the year you really study the scriptures. Anyone can read and know what the scriptures say. But, what if you made this year the year to really integrate a real study of the scripture into your life? We have a great live and online study of the life and times of Yeshua on Wednesdays at noon.
5. Be the 20 - Make 2017 the year you are part of the 20%. We all know 20 percent of the people do 80 percent of the work. Inviting people to service on Saturday is good. On the other hand, Yeshua doesn't say, "well done good and faithful inviter of people." If you think you are already part of the 20% - try being part of the 10%.
6. Start something - Make 2017 the year you start something new. Resolve to start something. It could be anything. I've mentioned a few above. But the more you involve new people, the more the community will grow.
7. Be Holy - Make 2017 the year you practice being holy. Don't compare yourself to your neighbor or the guy down the street. Try comparing yourself to Yeshua. Resolve this year to live as much of your life as possible being holy. The more you practice the better you get.